TCKRA Open Water State Championships
Time & Location
About the Event
Race fee: $20 (You will also need to pay $15/car to enter Stewart Beach–we will be on the kayak and fishing beach, see directions below)
The typical course will be out and back short distance laps approx 1/4-1/2 mile out from the beach. 4-6 miles total. We will give an update on the racecourse Thursday, before the race based on the anticipated weather forecast. Please check the facebook page for updates before driving to the race: https://www.facebook.com/TCKRA
Saturday, Oct 16th
- Registration will begin at 1pm but online registration is HIGHLY preferred (online registration will be open until 11:59pm Friday, October 2nd)–see below to register
- Race briefing will be at 1:45pm
- Race start will be around 2pm
Liability waivers will be emailed to you the week prior to the race (after you’ve registered)–please print, fill out, and drop off at the registration table. If you cannot social distance, you should wear a mask in accordance with State and local law (you are not required to wear a mask while paddling).
- The race will have championship classes for Surfski, OC1, and SUP.
- First place medals will be awarded for winners in each overall category (in Surfski, OC1, and SUP): Men’s, Men’s Masters 50+, Women’s, Women’s Masters 50+
- It is required that you wear a PFD (inflatable devices are not allowed) and it suggested you have a safety whistle attached to it.
- Bringing a leash is required however if we are doing the out and back course, wearing it is not required.
- There will be no safety boat. It is strongly suggested that all participants know how to remount prior to the race.
Directions: When driving to Stewart Beach, go left of the big building once you’ve entered, drive onto fishing/kayaking/handicap access beach.
There are several extra surfski’s available if you want to try one out. Let us know ahead of time and we’ll try to get you set up. Feel free to call/text for questions to Tommy Yonley at 832-443-5194