Sun, Oct 22|
2023 TCKRA Open Water State Championships
Time & Location
Oct 22, 12:00 PM
Stewart Beach, Stewart Beach, Galveston, TX 77550, USA
About the event
Notice of race date change. Due to a conflict, we are changing our race date to Sunday, Oct 22 (the day after the Dickinson Bayou Brawl).
Race fee: $20 (You will also need to pay $15/car to enter Stewart Beach–we will be on the kayak and fishing beach, see directions below)
The typical course will be out and back short distance laps approx 1/4-1/2 mile out from the beach. 4-6 miles total. We will give an update on the racecourse Thursday, before the race based on the anticipated weather forecast.
Please check the facebook page for updates before driving to the race: https://www.facebook.com/TCKRA
Sunday, Oct 22nd
- On-site race day registration will be available starting at 11:00am but online registration is HIGHLY preferred (online registration will not close)–see below to register.
- Race briefing will be at 11:40am.
- Race start will be at 12pm.
Liability waivers can be filled out online
- The race will have championship classes for Surfski, OC1, and SUP.
- First place will be awarded to champions in each overall category (in Surfski, OC1, and SUP): Men’s, Men’s Masters 50+, Women’s, Women’s Masters 50+, 2nd and 3rd place will be given swag in the same categories.
All racers must:- Be able to remount in race conditions- Be capable of swimming to shore - Wear a PFD - Wear leash when outside breaking waves- Have whistle attached to person/PFD- Attend safety briefing prior to race
Directions: When driving to Stewart Beach, go left of the big building once you’ve entered, drive onto fishing/kayaking/handicap access beach.
There are several extra surfski’s available if you want to try one out. Let us know ahead of time and we’ll try to get you set up. Feel free to call/text for questions to Tommy Yonley at 832-443-5194
Open Water Race Entry