Time & Location
Oct 17, 2021, 9:00 AM
1776 Park, Friendswood, 140 Imperial Dr, Friendswood, TX 77546, USA
About the event
A joint effort of the Friendswood Rotary Club & League City Rotary Club, this race is for canoes, kayaks, and SUPs and open to everyone from the novice enthusiast to the competitive paddler. The 7 mile race starts at 1776 Park in Friendswood and ends at Countryside Park in League City showcasing Clear Creek as an important watershed and recreational paddle trail.
2021 Rotary Regatta - October 17, 2021 - 4th Annual
1776 Park, Friendswood, TX
7:30am - Prayer Service
8:30am - Check in & Onsite Registration
9:45am - Race Preparations & Staging
10:00am - Race Begins!
Countryside Park, League City, TX
12:00pm - Finish Line Festivities Begin (lunch, beer, music)
12:00pm - Shuttle Service Begins
1:00pm - Race Closing Ceremonies
Online Pre-Registration: $35.00 per paddler
Onsite Race Day Registration: $60.00 per paddler
The Rotary Regatta is rain or shine. If cancellation does take place due to severe water or weather conditions, all entry fees will be considered as a tax deductible donation supporting the Rotary Clubs.
- Please note that online registration will close on Friday, October 15, 2021 (at 6:00pm). Day-of registration is $60 per paddler.
- All participants must wear US Coast Guard approved PFD's (personal flotation device) during the entire race. They must be worn as the manufacturer designed them to be worn. Any participant found not abiding by this rule will be disqualified.
- Minimum age for participation is 18. 11 to 17 with Parental Consent Form
- Canoes and kayaks shall be placed in the designated starting area boats or competitors cannot touch the water until they are given further instructions by the Race Director. Any participant in the water will be disqualified if caught by a race official.
- Inflatable canoes and kayaks that are paddled are allowed (inflatable rafts or other crafts that are ROWED are NOT allowed).
- Outrigger canoes are NOT allowed.
- Intentional capsizing or damaging of another competitor’s canoe or kayak will disqualify the offender.
- The Race Director has the right to remove and/or disqualify a participant due to behavior or alcohol/drug influenced impairment.
- All previous race numbers from previous years must be removed from boats or competitors will be subject to disqualification.
Short Kayak K-1
Long Kayak K-1
ICF K-1 / Surf Ski / Unlimited Solo